Thursday 26 March 2009

A review; Rimmel Sexy Curve mascara

I have mentioned my initial thoughts of this mascara a few days ago but tonight as I wasn't doing anything decided to take off all my makeup and give this mascara a fair chance. I curled both eyes and then applied the mascara to my left lashes.
Below I applied one coat of Rimmel and left the right eye bare. [How wonky does my face look!?]

,



Next, I applied a different mascara onto the left eye. This mascara, in my opinion appears to be exactly the same minus the brush.





See what I'm saying? Well the mascara on the right is Natural Collection LashDefinition and cost the ridiculous price of £1.99. If anything, the Natural Collection is better as it applies a lot quicker and is less 'runny'.

Lastly, I applied the Rimmel on top of the Natural Collection and right and left the left eye with one coat of the Rimmel. Here's what it looks like:






There wasn't a massive difference with an extra coat therefore being able to build this mascara up to get a dramatic look that I go for could be time consuming and very, very frustrating.

All in all I wouldn't say I hated this mascara but I couldn't say that I particularly like it either. Being able to apply more mascara is an essential for me as I'm not one for the natural eye look but this mascara only seems to work well with one coat. As I write this, every time I blink my eyelashes seem to stick together. [It's getting rather annoying now!] As I said, this mascara seems to be an exact copy of the Natural Collection which retails at a fraction of the price. The brush is meant to be a unique selling point of the mascara, and yes it is different but personally I didn't find it made much of a difference. Plus, if you look at Fairy Drops mascara you will realise that this is just a copy. There is volume in my lashes but honestly I think that's due to my curler. The packaging is cute; being purple and metallic makes it looks nice but not enough for me to purchase this mascara again. I won't throw this out as I did get it for free and I could wear it by the pool on holiday as it is so natural. If you're going for a really natural look this mascara may work for you, but honestly I don't think the price is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmi was going to try this out because pixiwoo said it was amazing and really buildable, everyone else is saying it's not brilliant though. Don't think I'm going to bother if it's really runny, sounds like a right pain to apply.

    ReplyDelete